Teclast F5 - Linux erkennt kein Wlan-Modul in Ubuntu 18.04.1

12 Jan 2019 03:15 - 13 Jan 2019 02:00 #21 von primod808

cf5 schrieb: Hi there primo,

I am also in the thread on techtablets.com/2018/09/teclast-f5-hands-on-finally/#comments (CEN there=)

Started this thread as a possiblity for problem solving in german... but we can gladly switch to english if no one else minds. Or (maybe better?) we create a thread in the forum at techtablets?

There is no news yet. It has to do with the BIOS version shipped with the first batch of F5 devices in the summer whereas the newer batch from fall probably has a newer BIOS version. The big problem is how do you ask Teclast for a BIOS update?

GREAT NEWS GUYS I INSTALLED LATEST 3.06 BIOS TO MY F5 AND EVERYTHING IS WORKING. I would like to share my findings with you 2 files the updated bios and the installer. use the AFUWIN installer and select and flash the updated bio and reboot. please be caution with flashing bios:-)

update: i'm trying to add my attachment but not sure if it work i dont see attachment:(
UPDATE 2: SORRY for late reply here is direct link to my MEGA upload please try now.
mega.nz/#F!ntchmYRJ!jThq602l-ZwjF9bLBdQJSA

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

12 Jan 2019 09:58 #22 von cf5
Hi, sounds great! can you provide us with the BIOS update file?
I don't see an attachment.

12 Jan 2019 13:24 #23 von Christopher
Just use Gdrive or something if the uploader doesn't work for you.

LG Christopher

13 Jan 2019 02:02 #24 von primod808

Christopher schrieb: Just use Gdrive or something if the uploader doesn't work for you.

Hello i updated with link also I added to techtablet forum

13 Jan 2019 02:05 #25 von primod808

primod808 schrieb:

Christopher schrieb: Just use Gdrive or something if the uploader doesn't work for you.

Hello i updated with link also I added to techtablet forum

Everyone make sure to use the AFUWIN64 installer for windows10 select bios and flash and reboot. PLEASE BE CAREFUL when flashing bios but everything works wifi touchscreen!

13 Jan 2019 13:21 #26 von cf5
Oh wow... you are my hero!

I really would not have known where to get a BIOS update file from Teclast. How did you get it?

The BIOS update worked without any issues and after a restart my KUbuntu suddenly has the option to connect to wifi. Finally bye bye W10.

The only thing I cannot test is the touchscreen... my little one smashed onto my F5 on new years day and the F5 fell half apart. The case bottom part was broken open near the power button. 6 plastic holders of the screwholders were broken. The plastic build of the F5 is really really lousy. The big problem was the screwholders for the opening mechanism. I used a superglue to glue the screwholders back into the plastic holding-moulds and well at least that part went well. But when screwing the F5 back together the cable from the touchscreen to the small yoga-controller board on the right side (when the F5 is lying open on its back) came off. So no touchscreen for me at the moment. And due to the fact that the screw-holding moulds out of plastic are so bad I am hesitating on opening the F5 up again.

But let's be honest: who needs a touchscreen when you have a terminal console! :D

14 Mär 2019 04:39 #27 von techrat

cf5 schrieb: The BIOS update worked without any issues and after a restart my KUbuntu suddenly has the option to connect to wifi.

I'm concerned. I downloaded the bios flasher on my Chromebook, uploaded it to drive and when I went to download it from drive to a thumbdrive...