Anmelden

Teclast F5 - Linux erkennt kein WLAN (Intel 3165) in Ubuntu 18.04.1

22 Sep 2018 14:22 - 22 Sep 2018 14:23 #11 von techrat

Christopher schrieb: Maybe the card had some firmware update that rendered it incompatible? Do not know if firmware of this chipset can be changed just by updating drivers on Windows.

Firmware / Driver install it as simple as copying "ucode" files into / lib / firmware

I did this with the provided firmware files from Intel and I still could not get Wifi working.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

23 Sep 2018 07:54 #12 von cf5
but for that to work the hardware would have to be recognized which is not the case. it is not a problem of drivers but of hardware detection. in Windows the wificard is found on pcibus 1 but lspci shows nothing of an existing pcibus 1... all hardware on pcibus 0 is seen and loaded. the bluetooth works because it is seen as being connected via USB internally.

23 Sep 2018 09:38 #13 von techrat
Correct, the Wifi is shown as connecting via PCI with the vendor id of 8086 (intel pci)

Bluetooth is shown as connecting via USB with the vendor id of 8087 (Intel USB)

For some reason I cannot get the Wifi device ID (8086:3165) to show up in Linux.

The Linux firmware is here:  www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/...less-networking.html

Instructions here: askubuntu.com/questions/672700/how-can-i...less-ac-3165-drivers

A possible fix but I have not tried this yet:  forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=256444

Werbung