Anmelden

Werbung

Teclast F5 - Linux erkennt kein WLAN (Intel 3165) in Ubuntu 18.04.1

22 Sep 2018 14:22 - 22 Sep 2018 14:23 #11 von techrat

Christopher schrieb: Maybe the card had some firmware update that rendered it incompatible? Do not know if firmware of this chipset can be changed just by updating drivers on Windows.

Firmware / Driver install it as simple as copying "ucode" files into / lib / firmware

I did this with the provided firmware files from Intel and I still could not get Wifi working.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

23 Sep 2018 07:54 #12 von cf5
but for that to work the hardware would have to be recognized which is not the case. it is not a problem of drivers but of hardware detection. in Windows the wificard is found on pcibus 1 but lspci shows nothing of an existing pcibus 1... all hardware on pcibus 0 is seen and loaded. the bluetooth works because it is seen as being connected via USB internally.

23 Sep 2018 09:38 #13 von techrat
Correct, the Wifi is shown as connecting via PCI with the vendor id of 8086 (intel pci)

Bluetooth is shown as connecting via USB with the vendor id of 8087 (Intel USB)

For some reason I cannot get the Wifi device ID (8086:3165) to show up in Linux.

The Linux firmware is here:  www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/...less-networking.html

Instructions here: askubuntu.com/questions/672700/how-can-i...less-ac-3165-drivers

A possible fix but I have not tried this yet:  forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=256444

01 Nov 2018 17:50 #14 von cf5
I saw someone getting wifi to work on the Techtabs-Site. One states he has wifi working out of the box using the latest Manjaro.

Another states he has it running even including touchscreen with Ubuntu MATE using the latest kernel (and even stock kernel from 18.04.1)...

Maybe they received their device just shortly with a newer BIOS firmware version or they tweaked their BIOS using an option we did not see yet?

01 Nov 2018 17:52 #15 von cf5
see the comments here:

techtablets.com/2018/08/teclast-f5s-alre...ome-lucky-customers/

and the comments from the newest Teclast F5 post there.

Werbung

01 Nov 2018 23:24 #16 von Christopher
This is interesting. But I still wonder why it did work for me exactly one time. This laptop really is one mysterious piece of kit. :silly:

LG Christopher

05 Nov 2018 23:06 #17 von cf5
und ich glaube es wird immer schlimmer... denn mein F5 geht nicht mehr an :ohmy:

ich habe (in Erwartung dass es daran liegen könnte) an den BIOS-Einstellungen zum WLAN-Adapter was verändert... eigentlich dachte ich nicht dass das was großartiges ändern könnte... aber seitdem fährt das F5 nicht mehr hoch sondern: ich sehe keinerlei BIOS-Boot-Bild und nur(!) das rechte blaue LED Licht leuchtet. Sonst rührt sich nichts mehr. :(

Weiß jemand was man da machen kann? Muss ich das Gerät nun aufschrauben? Einschicken geht ja wohl schlecht.

28 Nov 2018 15:28 #18 von cf5
Aufschrauben und für 24 Stunden den Akku vom Mainboard abklemmen hat funktioniert.

Werbung